In this article I will break down exactly how I used video, and specifically YouTube, to generate $630 today online.
But before I jump into the anatomy of this process, I want to start by saying that if you're an internet marketer and not currently using video to either promote yourself or your business, then you are not maximizing all of the social media mediums at your disposal. Video currently represents the most powerful free marketing tool available, allowing us to share our message with thousands of people from all over the world.
Okay, so in simple terms, this is exactly how I make money with video, and more importantly, how I was able to make money with Youtube this very afternoon.
1) The first thing I did was create a quick video pertaining to successful entrepreneurship and post it on YouTube (which in this case was a video discussing the merits of the book 'The 4 Hour Workweek' by Tim Ferriss) as a resource to aspiring entrepreneurs. Since my target audience is comprised of aspiring online entrepreneurs, I try to make videos that are educational in nature that actually teach people how to build a business online. Subsequently, I made this video several months ago.
2) My prospect, who would eventually join my business, was searching YouTube one day from his home in Australia for information on the book 'The 4 Hour Workweek.' When he entered the title of the book, my video came up first on his search. He clicked on my link and watched my video.
3) After watching the video and wanting to know more about me and what my business was, he clicked on the link to my website (placed conveniently and deliberately in the description section next to the video.)
4) After visiting my website, he opted-in to my email list, and then began receiving follow-up, educational video emails from me on a wide range of internet marketing topics.
5) As his interest in online business grew, he began sending me emails wanting to know more about how I was making money online, and how possible it would be for him to duplicate my results.
6) After a few conversations, he acknowledged that he wanted to join my business. The next day (today), I received an email from my company saying that he had just joined my team and that I had generated a $630 commission.
In summary, this new teammate and my $630 commission resulted from one video that I made several months back. It was a video that took me an hour to make and put on YouTube, and that was it. Of course there were other factors that led to this sale in addition to the video, like me responding to some of his questions and me having an opportunity to offer him in the first place (i.e., the company I have been apart of for several years). But my point here is that this whole process started with video...one video that was made for free. I have many, many more videos on a wide range of topics that work for me in the same way across the internet. Remember, video marketing is a powerful thing. Once you make a video, it will work for you again and again, so don't forget to take advantage of this free marketing strategy.
Dan Snow is a leading internet marketer. Get free video training and learn more about growing a profitable online business here: Platinum One Destinations
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Daniel_J._Snow